As part of the Spring Membership Meeting, a list of proposed changes will be presented to the membership for consideration. We will also hold elections for open positions on the Board of Directors.
The 2023 Membership Meeting will be held on July 9, 2023 at Catawba Ridge High School in Fort Mill, South Carolina (1180 Fort Mill Pkwy, Fort Mill, SC 29715). The schedule of the meeting will be as follows:
- 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Board of Directors Meeting
- 2:30 PM - 5:00 PM: General Membership Meeting
The circuit accepts proposals from all current-year member groups and any member of the circuit administration in the following four categories:
- By-Laws and Constitution
- This category applies to governing rules contained in the By-Laws and Constitution of the organization.
- Changes to the organization's by-laws and constitution require approval of 2/3 of the membership present at the time of the vote in order to be approved.
- Proposals passed by the membership for changes to the by-laws and constitution do not require the approval of the Board of Directors to pass.
- Organization Administration, Rules & Circuit Championships
- This is (typically) the largest grouping of proposals. This category encompasses all policies and procedures of the organization.
- Changes to the organizations policies and procedures require approval of 51% of the membership present at the time of the vote.
- Proposals passed by the membership in this category are then referred to the Board of Directors. 51% of the Board must vote to ratify the change in order for it to become policy.
Additionally, we will hold elections for open positions on the Board of Directors. This year, the following positions are open:
- President (incumbent Cody Crawford)*
- Vice President (incumbent Clayton Parker)
- Treasurer (incumbent Steven Christman)
- At-Large Representative (incumbent Emma Boyce & David Shives)
*the President's position will be voted for a one year term due to a vacancy in the office